Each year, in communities across Canada, teams of families, friends, and co-workers come together to raise funds for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society of Canada’s (LLSC) Light The Night walks and bring help and hope to people battling blood cancers. These efforts culminate in inspirational and memorable LLSC hosted evening walks in 11 cities across Canada each fall as well dozens of volunteer-hosted community and school walks held throughout the year.
Funds raised through The Light The Night Walk:
- Fund breakthrough therapies for blood cancer patients
- Provide free educational materials, support programs and events for patients and families
- Provide local programs such as Family Support Groups and First Connection, a peer-to-peer counselling program
- Comprehensive, personalized assistance through our Information Resource Centre
- Educational information sessions for healthcare professionals and non-patient groups
Light The Night Walks are evenings filled with inspiration. During this leisurely walk, families, and friends gather to bring light to the dark world of cancer. Thousands of walkers carry illuminated lanterns showcasing their relation to the cause; a white lantern for blood cancer patients and survivors, red for supporters, and gold in memory of loved ones lost.
Quick facts about The Light The Night Walk:
- Become a Champion For Cures: Raise $100 or more and receive your exclusive illuminated lantern as well as an official Light The Night T-shirt
- Bright Lights: Raise $1,000 or more and receive additional benefits on event
- The Walk is done at a leisurely pace and takes less than an hour to complete
- Strollers and wheelchairs are welcome. However, for everyone’s safety, bicycles, inline skates, wheelie footwear, skateboards and scooters are not allowed.
- Walks take place rain or shine!
- Pets? Please check with your local staff about bringing pets
We are taking steps to create a world without blood cancers. Join Us!