Each year, in communities across Canada, teams of families, friends, co-workers come together to raise funds for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society of Canada’s (LLSC) Light The Night Walks and bring help and hope to people battling blood cancers and their families, and survivors. These efforts culminate in inspirational, memorable evening walks in nearly 200 communities across North America each fall; with 11 Official Canadian Light The Night Walks, and dozens of volunteer-hosted community and school walks, across Canada.
Funds raised through The Light The Night Walk:
- Fund breakthrough therapies for blood cancer patients.
- Provide Free educational materials, support programs and events for patients and families.
- Provide local programs such as Family Support Groups and First Connection, a peer-to-peer counselling program
- Comprehensive, personalized assistance through our Information Resource Centre
- Educational information sessions for healthcare professionals and non-patient groups
Light The Night Walks are evenings filled with inspiration. During this leisurely walk, families and friends gather in select sites across Canada to bring light to the dark world of cancer. Thousands of walkers carry illuminated lanterns showcasing their relation to the cause; a white lantern for blood cancer patients and survivors, a red one to walk as a supporter and a gold one in memory of a loved one lost.
Quick facts about The Light The Night Walk:
- Become a Champion For Cures by raising $100 or more and receive an official Light The Night T-shirt, and our exclusive illuminated lantern
- Members of our Bright Lights Club receive the official Light The Night hooded sweatshirt, in addition to other club benefits
- The Walk is done at a leisurely pace and takes less than an hour to complete.
- Strollers and wheelchairs are welcome. However, for everyone’s safety, bicycles, inline skates, wheelie footwear, skateboards and scooters are not allowed.
- Walks take place rain or shine!
- Pets? Please check with the nearest office about bringing pets.
We are taking steps to create a world without blood cancers. Join Us!